Poetry class 13

A warning …          

It is not enough to be in the same space.
I am a master of masks and double mirrors.
To find my path . . . ?
(but why would you wish for such a thing?)
You must perceive, recognize the ghosts
Who haunt my resonant yesterdays,
Spectered memories of how things really were.
You must see beneath the tattered rags
Of the mundane days I wear as camouflage.
I will not invite you in.
Subterfuge and artifice are my mother-tongue.
The passwords are, ah, how does one say? –
“ Caché[1] ~ le dessous des cartes[2]” –
Too far inside for anyone to find.
Recondite and esoteric mysteries and memories
Coat the inside of my world like concertina wire.
You make a perilous and jeopardous request.
The corpses of the cats should have been warning enough.







[1] hidden
[2] inside information

Comments


  1. Comment: I read this blog Great article amazing information thanks for sharing..!

    Angry Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting info . facts about easter island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really nice stuff on this web site , I love it. Mother'S Day Prayer Poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice website you have here. I hope you will keep updating. Regards TJ https://theeastergoodfriday.com/category/easter-2019/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Kings and the Prophets" or "What profiteth it a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?"

The mirror