So I took a poetry class #1

So I took a poetry class.  This and the following posts are what I wrote there.

To Hell With It  ~  ForgetRemembering

It is like a thousand thousand voices
screaming in my head,
all the voices screaming
splicing sound and image
 each over the top of others
demanding
   salient
          voice on voice,
     half faces on ripped photos
                   phase on phrase,
clashing, crashing,
 and
simultaneously retreating into scathing silence,
burning eyes replacing fiery voices.

Departure into now –
desertion from a war,
war I didn’t start and can’t escape,
war that annihilates the me;
here and now, leaving
someone else that I have come to be.

Taking earphones,
I turn the calendar up to a million,
letting the cacophony of now
drown out at first the voices
then the very room where I stand.
When the retreat is complete
I feel at least safe,
merely haunted.
If you pretend loudly enough,

you can always walk through ghosts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Kings and the Prophets" or "What profiteth it a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?"

... and GOD

The mirror