randomness

So it is spring here. Spring like I remember it when I was little . . .

 this morning  my daughter, looking out at the drizzly rain said,
"I thought it was supposed to be 'April showers bring May flowers'
not 'May showers brings June gloom' -- but that's what it is"

I like it.
I do love waking to the crisp air and the dull grey sky, the drips of drizzle sliding down the leaves of the bushes outside the window. I love the contrast of the grey sky and the sharp baby green of the spring leaves on the trees. I like the reprieve of cool days before the onslaught of heat that July will bring. I know...July seems forever from now. It isn't.

It won't rain hard. It won't rain all day. Just enough. It feels familar to me ... like a glance over my shoulder at when I was 14. That was long ago...and so far away, even squinting I can only just barely read the street signs over my shoulder. Humm: 14, more like a fairy tale than a memory. Maybe that's why
I like it.

Comments

  1. I won't say a thing, but I'm thinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis,
    1) What ARE you thinking...I am lost.
    2)"saying" something would be ineffective anyway, since I couldn't hear you from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June gloom... my favorite part of the year in California. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Kings and the Prophets" or "What profiteth it a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?"

... and GOD

The mirror